Do you ever have a problem where you just don’t know how to reply to an argument, not because you don’t know the answer, but you just don’t know where to begin? Like, the foundation of knowledge you’d need to impart to this person before you could even begin to drag them out of their sinkhole of ignorance would cost thousands of dollars if it were coming from a university?
Marissa Alexander now faces a 60-year sentence for firing a warning shot into the wall to stop her abusive husband’s attack. Her legal team is working pro bono, but she still owes over $250,000 in legal expenses. The prosecutor, Angela Corey, is the same who couldn’t get a conviction for the murder of Trayvon Martin.
Self-defense against domestic violence does not deserve life in prison.
Ellen Ripley, Our Lady of Survival.
When the odds aren’t in our favor and the cards are stacked against us give us the strength to fight for our lives, face our fears and survive.
Valerie Thomas: Why she kicks ass
- She is a scientist and inventor, who invented the illusion transmitter for which she received a patent in 1980. (This is an invention that NASA continues to use to this day.)
- She went to an all-girls school where she did not receive any training in the sciences. Implicit stereotypes contributed to this, as the girls school did not teach the students about math or science, so she had to educate herself about those subjects. She later attended Morgan State University, and was one of two women in majoring in physics.
- She worked at NASA, first as a data analyst and then moving on to oversee the creation of the Landsat program, then as project manager for the Space Physics Analysis Network and was associate chief for NASA’s Space Science Data Operations Office. She also participated in projects related to Halley’s Comet, ozone research, and the Voyager spacecraft.
- She retired in August 1995 as Space Science Data Operations Officer, serving as manager of the NASA Automated Systems Incident Response Capability and serving as chair of the SSDOO Education Committee.
- She is currently an associate at the UMBC Center for Multicore Hybrid Productivity Research, and also serves as a mentor for youth through the Science Mathematics Aerospace Research and Technology and National Technical Association.
Margaret “Maggie” Gee in her A-2 leather flight jacket and goggles. Gee became the second Chinese-American female service pilot when she graduated with WASP Class 44-W-9.
"I wish I’d partied a little less. People always say ‘be true to yourself.’ But that’s misleading, because there are two selves. There’s your short term self, and there’s your long term self. And if you’re only true to your short term self, your long term self slowly decays."
Anti-rape wear. Its almost impervious to knife attacks and tearing/stretching.
The waist and thigh extremities of the garment are cut and tear resistant (the guy in the video cant cut them with industrial scissors) and they cannot be moved more than a few centimetres when locked into place, the forward area in front of the genitals is also reinforced.
Please, for the love of god, even if you cant donate, just spread this idea wherever you can, they need $50,000 to be able to manufacture it and they currently have just over $6,000 with 20 days left.
Go to igg.me/at/AR-Wear to donate and/or view their full info.
PLEASE PLEASE SIGNAL BOOST THE SHIT OUT OF THIS I WANT MY NOTIFICATIONS FILLED WITH LIKES AND REBLOGS OF THIS
GUYS THERE ARE ONLY TWENTY DAYS LEFT AND THEYRE STILL FAR FROM THEIR GOAL
IF YOU CANT DONATE AT LEAST REBLOG TO SPREAD THE WORD
TUMBLR IS SO ANTI-RAPE SO WHYYY DOESNT THIS HAVE HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF NOTES??? SPREAD THE WORD!
It’s really upsetting to think that this kind of thing even needs to be invented/used but it obviously does and it’s important. I think the idea and concept will give women confidence and security IF they need it. Watch the video and if you can’t donate anything, reblog the post :)
Too broke to donate, but I’ll boost the hell out of this.
This is brilliant.